In a few words:
Conelum is a biotechnological startup founded in late 2012. Having the internationally well recognized microbiological safety scientists in our core team - we are focused on development of rapid microbiological diagnostic tests for food and drink industry companies.
Today, for compulsory microbiological safety tests - every food or beverage producer is still using traditional plating methods (Petri dishes), which takes from 24 hours to 5 days.
Diagnostic products, based on our protected innovative technology (EloKIT™ technology by Conelum) is proven to reduce this time to total of 30 minutes without any compromise on the results in comparison to conventional methods.
This gives unique values to companies: reducing risks of recalls, saving products and reputation, becoming able to react on time, minimizing negative consequences of unlikely events of outbreaks.
We are also a very open-to-collaboration startup and please, feel free to contact with us with any questions. We are looking forward to connect.
Hi-Tech Based Company
Is to develop and help you integrate our rapid methods for your needs. Our company is designed to save your time and minimise production risks.
We are a spin-off from Riga Technical University. For more than 10 years Scientists from Riga Technical University have been researching and optimising the technology, on which our diagnostic EloKITs are now based.
Conelum in media
The Food Industry Competence Centre of Latvia project @ CONELUM
Project number - 18.104.22.168/16/A/004;
○ The research is done within the bounds of the Food Industry Competence Center of Latvia project. The Food Industry Competence Center of Latvia encompasses two scientific directions:
• Increasing the market share of Latvian food manufacturers, which includes:
○ Storage packaging research;mi;
○ Storage term and condition improving technology;
○ New products for broader market preferences;
• Increasing of manufacturing added value and competitiveness, which includes:
○ Improvement of food by product use in higher value-added products;
○ Agricultural and fruit research for increasing the effectiveness of resource use – selection of more suitable species, growth technologies;
○ New innovative products with higher added value maximizing the use of existing markets, technologies, and other production factors.
• The goal of the competence center project is to support at least 14 research projects fitting the defined study area, developing new products and technologies in the industry, and introducing them into production, thereby fostering the operation of the manufacturing and research sector, as well as increasing the competitiveness of merchant companies.
○ The project is carried of from 01/09/2016 till 31/12/2018;
○ Overall ERAF Budgeted financing amounts to 3 206 250 EUR;
1st quarter Progress report.
1st quarter of the Kompetences Centrs projects has yielded in successful completion of intended plan. The perfromed R&D tasks allowed to gain a substantial complete understanding of specifications of most of the parts required for the EloSCOPE POC system.
Some activities from Q2 and Q1 where switched due to unforeseen but effective reprioritization of tasks required for getting maximum economic efficiency of R&D activities. In order to validate XIME camera’s CMOS chip being a sustainable solution for image grabbing – certain proprietary calibration algorythms for low-light intensity have been developed, extensively tested and confirmed to have positive influence on the chip’s performance.
The morphology specific image analysis algorithms are showing increasing efficiency of enumerating yeast & mould cells. Chroma’s Dual-band fluorescent filters have demonstrated themselves being an effective and currently viable solution in the final version of EloSCOPE system. Those optical filters have demonstrated being a much better fit than expected in terms of optical recognition of mould elements, which were foreseen to be an overall bottleneck of the whole technical R&D 1st quarter, therefore a significant hurdle has been concluded as a success.
The 1st quartal of Kompetences Centrs project has yielded in completion of R&D process designated to develop a specific analytics software element for EloSCOPE. It is an essential part for setting a technical specification for upcoming definition of optics, especially for such paramenters as D.O.F. and N.A.
SIA Conelum ir noslēdzis 22.03.2017 līgumu Nr. SKV-L-2017/164 ar Latvijas Investīciju un attīstības aģentūru par atbalsta saņemšanu dazados pasākumos (Plug&Play, Wolves Summit, Webit innovation, Dairy innovation summit un utc.) ietvaros, ko līdzfinansē Eiropas Reģionālās attīstības fonds.